Italian Citizenship by Marriage
Italian citizenship can be acquired through various means, including birth, naturalization, and marriage. In this article, we will focus on Italian citizenship by marriage. Who is Eligible for Italian Citizenship by Marriage? To be eligible for Italian citizenship by marriage, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a foreigner.
- You must be married to an Italian citizen.
- Your marriage must be valid under Italian law.
- You must have lived in Italy for at least two years.
- You must be of good moral character.
- Your marriage certificate
- Your Italian spouse’s birth certificate
- Proof of your residence in Italy
- A criminal background check